60-11-104a. Prescription orders. (a) Any advanced practice registered nurse may perform the following:
(1) Prescribe durable medical equipment;
(2) prescribe, procure, and administer any drug consistent with the licensee's specific role and population focus, except any drug that is intended to cause an abortion; and
(3) prescribe, procure, or administer any drug that is a controlled substance in accordance with the uniform controlled substances act as specified in K.S.A. 65-4101, and amendments thereto.
(b) Each prescription order in written form shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Include the name, address, and telephone number of the practice location of the advanced practice registered nurse;
(2) be signed by the advanced practice registered nurse with the letters A.P.R.N.; and
(3) contain the D.E.A. registration number issued to the advanced practice registered nurse when a controlled substance, as defined in K.S.A. 65-4101and amendments thereto, is prescribed.
(c) Nothing in this regulation shall be construed to prohibit any registered nurse or licensed practical nurse or advanced practice registered nurse from conveying a prescription order orally or administering a drug if acting under the lawful direction of a person licensed to practice either medicine and surgery or dentistry or licensed as an advanced practice registered nurse.
(d) When used in this regulation, terms shall be construed to have the meanings specified in K.S.A. 65-1626, and amendments thereto.
This regulation shall become effective on July 1, 2022. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-1130, as amended by 2022 S Sub for HB 2279, sec. 1; effective, T-60-9-12-88, Sept. 12, 1988; effective Feb. 13, 1989; amended May 7, 1990; amended Jan. 3, 1995; amended March 31, 2000; amended May 18, 2012; amended, T-60-6-30-22, July 1, 2022.)