49-1-70. Prohibited occupations for 14- and 15-year-old minors in any other place of employment. (1) Any manufacturing occupation.
(2) Any mining occupation.
(3) Processing occupations such as filleting of fish, dressing poultry, cracking nuts, or laundering as performed by commercial laundries, and dry cleaning (except in a retail, food service, or gasoline service establishment in those specific occupations expressly permitted there in accordance with the foregoing list).
(4) Occupations requiring the performance of any duties in workrooms or workplaces where goods are manufactured, mined, or otherwise processed (except to the extent expressly permitted in retail, food service, or gasoline service establishments in accordance with the foregoing list).
(5) Operation or tending of hoisting apparatus or of any power-driven machinery (other than office machines and machines in retail, food service, and gasoline service establishments which are specified in the foregoing list as machines which such minors may operate in such establishments).
(6) Occupations in connection with:
(a) Transportation of persons or property by rail, highway, air, on water, pipeline, or other means.
(b) Warehousing and storage.
(c) Communications and public utilities.
(d) Construction (including repair). Except office or sales work in connection with these occupations (not performed on transportation media or at the actual construction site).
(7) Any of the following occupations in a retail, food service, or gasoline service establishment:
(a) Work performed in or about boiler or engine rooms.
(b) Work in connection with maintenance or repair of the establishment, machines or equipment.
(c) Outside window washing that involves working from window sills, and all work requiring the use of ladders, scaffolds or their substitutes.
(d) Cooking (except at soda fountains, lunch counters, snack bars, or cafeteria serving counters) and baking.
(e) Occupations which involve operating, setting up, adjusting, cleaning, oiling, or repairing power-driven food slicers and grinders, food choppers and cutters, and bakery-type mixers.
(f) Work in freezers and meat coolers and all work in preparation of meats for sale (except wrapping, sealing, labeling, weighing, pricing and stocking when performed in other areas).
(g) Loading and unloading goods to and from trucks, railroad cars or conveyors.
(h) All occupations in warehouses except office and clerical work. (Authorized by K.S.A. 38-602; effective May 1, 1975.)