Volume 41 - Issue 24 - June 16, 2022
State of Kansas
Department for Aging and Disability Services
Request for Comments
The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) is amending all the Kansas Medicaid 1915(c) Waivers: Autism (AU), Brain Injury (BI), Frail Elderly (FE), Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled (I/DD), Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED), Technology Assisted (TA), and Physically Disabled (PD).
The proposed amendments cover the following:
- Unbundles Assistive Services into three services; Home Modification, Vehicle Modification, and Specialized Medical equipment and Supplies (SMES)
- Standardizes Performance Measures across all waivers
- Require Provisional Plan of Care across all waivers
- Authorizes Residential Services for Married Couples on I/DD Waiver
- Amends Specialized Medical Care (SMC) Time Limits
- Allow for PCS Services to be delivered in Assisted Living and Home Plus settings
- Adding virtual delivery of services as part of residential services on the I/DD Waiver and agency directed PCS
- Allow for paid family caregivers for PCS
The proposed effective date for the amended Medicaid 1915(c) Waivers is January 1, 2023.
KDADS is seeking public comments from July 1, 2022, through August 31,2022, on the proposed amendments.
The proposed amendment is posted on the KDADS website at https://www.kdads.ks.gov or may be requested from:
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
LTSS; Senior Administrative Assistant
Comments may be made in any one of the following ways:
- Online at https://www.kdads.ks.gov under the Community Services and Programs page.
- By email to Anita.Flewelling@ks.gov.
- By standard mail to Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, Attn: HCBS Programs, 503 S. Kansas Ave., Topeka, KS 66603.
Doc. No. 050235