Volume 41 - Issue 8 - February 24, 2022
(Published in the Kansas Register February 24, 2022.)
Cimarron Valley Railroad
Notice to Bidders
The Cimarron Valley Railroad is seeking bids for seven (7) Locomotive Auxiliary Power Units (APUs). KDOT Project No. RA-1641-22, Agreement No. 320-21.
The APU must be an EPA Smart Way Verified product that has demonstrated its effectiveness in reducing locomotive idling.
The APU must be able to:
- Heat and circulate locomotive engine cooling water
- Heat and circulate locomotive engine lube oil
- Charge the locomotive batteries
- Have its own diesel engine and require no other power source
- Come equipped with an installation kit
- Have instructions for installation
- Be capable of reporting operating status to a WiTronix communication system
The APU must have a maximum overall height of 36” or less.
Please submit bids to Nathan Carlson at NCarlson@Jag-Transport.com.
Director of Mechanical
Jaguar Rail Transport
Doc. No. 049837