Government Website icon

The .gov means it's official.
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Padlock icon

The site is secure.
The https:// or lock icon ensures you're safely connected to the website and any information you provide is encrypted.

Businesses iconBusinesses

The Secretary of State, through the Business Services Division, files and maintains records of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and limited liability partnerships along with these business’ supporting documents such as mergers, dissolutions, cancellations, withdrawals, and information reports, and issues authority for foreign (non-Kansas) businesses to conduct business in the state.

The Secretary of State’s office is a filing agency and does not provide legal guidance. If you would like legal or other professional advice, we advise you to seek assistance from an attorney or accountant. For assistance with business filings, please contact the Business Services Division at 785-296-4564.

********** DISCLAIMER **********

FEDERAL LAW: Reporting of Beneficial Ownership Information to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)

Beginning January 1, 2024, federal law will require that certain types of corporations, limited liability companies, and other similar entities created in or registered to do business in the United States must report information about their beneficial owners—the persons who ultimately own or control the company—to the Department of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

Additional information about the reporting requirements is available on FinCEN’s beneficial ownership information webpage, You can also subscribe to FinCEN Updates for future guidance documents. FinCEN can be reached at 1-800-767-2825.

The Secretary of State’s office is not collecting beneficial ownership information and does not have access to the information reported to FinCEN. The Secretary of State’s staff cannot provide advice or legal counsel regarding FinCEN’s beneficial ownership reporting requirements. You may wish to consult with professional service providers such as lawyers or accountants.