102-7-7. Renewal; late renewal. (a) To be considered for license renewal, each licensed addiction counselor and each licensed clinical addiction counselor shall submit the following items to the board:
(1) A completed renewal application;
(2) the continuing education reporting form; and
(3) the renewal fee specified in K.A.R. 102-7-2.
(b) If the items specified in subsection (a) are not submitted before the date the license expires, the licensee may late renew the license by performing the following:
(1) Submitting a completed late renewal application form;
(2) paying the required renewal fee and the late renewal penalty fee specified in K.A.R. 102-7-2; and
(3) submitting the continuing education reporting form and documentation pursuant to K.A.R. 102-7-10.
(c) Each individual who holds an addiction counseling license or a clinical addiction counseling license but who fails to renew the license before its expiration and subsequently applies to renew the license shall indicate the following on the late renewal application form:
(1) Specification of whether or not the individual has continued to practice addiction counseling in Kansas or has continued to represent that individual as being a licensed addiction counselor or a licensed clinical addiction counselor in Kansas after the individual's license expired; and
(2) if either condition in paragraph (c)(1) has been met, an explanation of the circumstances. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2010 Supp. 74-7507, as amended by L. 2010, ch. 45, §15; implementing L. 2010, ch. 45, §8, as amended by 2011 HB 2182, §14, and K.S.A. 2010 Supp. 74-7507, as amended by L. 2010, ch. 45, §15; effective, T-102-7-1-11, July 1, 2011; effective, T-102-10-27-11, Oct. 27, 2011; effective Jan. 20, 2012.)